NCJW|LA’s West Hollywood Rental Assistance Program (RAP) provides direct cash assistance to keep community members housed. There are two separate tracks for RAP: Standard Rental Assistance and Emergency COVID-19 Rental Assistance. Our Standard RAP is designed to support community members in their recovery from financial emergencies and Emergency COVID-19 RAP helps people dealing with the direct and ongoing financial impact of the pandemic. Both programs provide rental assistance checks directly to landlords and property managers. Program descriptions, qualifications/eligibility requirements, and documentation requirements are listed below.
Standard Rental Assistance
- Supports community members recovering from a financial emergency or significant setback.
- Program provides four months of support at 50% of monthly rent.
- All payments are sent directly to landlords/property managers. Tenants are expected to pay the balance of their rent each month.
- Once a participant is accepted into the Standard Rental Assistance Program, they will receive four months of continuous support unless they move out of West Hollywood.
COVID-19 Rental Assistance
- Assistance is available starting at up to $1,000.
- Renters with monthly rents of less than $1,000 are eligible to have their full cost of rent covered for up to 6 months.
- Renters with a monthly rent of more than $1,000 are eligible for $1,000 per month for 6 months.
- After initial approval, renters can apply for additional months of support (up to 6 total), 30 days after each prior approval.
- Renters will have to provide documentation that demonstrates continued, ongoing, and direct financial impact due to COVID-19.
- Additional benefits may be available for those who are low-income and/or living with dependents.
If you have questions about or would like to apply for the WEHO Rental Assistance Program for non-COVID-related financial hardships, please contact us.