NCJW|LA is partnering with The LA County Rent Relief Program to help qualified LA County landlords with unpaid rent expenses. Landlords can qualify for grants of up to $30,000/unit.
This program will provide direct financial assistance to landlords to help them mitigate the detrimental economic impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and result in tenants’ inability to stay current on their rent.
Grant awards may be used to cover eligible expenses incurred from April 1, 2022, to date on a rolling basis. Eligible expenses include qualifying unpaid rental debt and any other substantiated related expenses, such as utilities.
While any eligible landlord can apply, those who meet certain criteria as outlined below will be given priority.
RENT RELIEF WEBINAR
Join one of the webinar sessions to learn more about the program, ask questions, or receive assistance on your application!
- December 18, 2023 10AM
- December 21, 2023 10AM
- January 2, 2024 1PM
- January 9, 2024 10AM
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any individual, group, or corporate entity seeking relief from rental arrearages or other eligible expenses of one (1) or more rental properties.
- Property must be located within Los Angeles County, but not in the City of Los Angeles.
- Units must still be occupied by impacted tenants.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants selected for an award must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- The rental property is within the County of Los Angeles, excluding the City of Los Angeles.
- Landlord can provide authentic proof of ownership, independently verified using third-party resources.
- W9 information can be validated against IRS records.
- Evidence of a rental relationship is confirmed with evidence of a rental agreement.
- Affected unit(s) is/are currently occupied by the impacted tenant(s) and is verifiable.
- Rental arrears are confirmed to have occurred in April 2022 and beyond excluding any months where monies were received through the following mortgage relief programs: (i) Stay Housed LA,
(ii) DCBA Rental Housing Supports and Services, and (iii) L.A. County Mortgage Relief Program.
- Eligible expenses are supported with verifiable documentation.
Please note: An Applicant’s immigration status will not impact the Applicant’s eligibility for the Program, nor will it be a factor in determining any approved Applicant’s ultimate grant award amount.
Which applications will receive priority consideration?
- Affected units located in the high and highest-need geographies as defined and identified in the LA County Equity Explorer Tool.
- Landlord or tenant whose household income is 80% or below LA County Area Median Income (AMI).
- Landlords who can fully satisfy tenants’ debt for the eligible period upon receipt of rent relief grant.
- Landlord owns no more than four rental units.
Important Note: This list is not comprehensive and other eligibility and priority requirements may apply.