May 4, 2022
At the local level
- WRRAP’s latest article includes information on how to help combat abortion restrictions and highlights the work of local organizations
- The LA County Coalition for Women’s Health and Equity is currently undergoing discussions to inform policy to make the County a “haven for abortion care”.
- Support your local abortion fund.
At the state level
- In California Future of Abortion Council, which Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California is a leading member of, supports 13 bills this California legislative session to protect and expand access to abortion. The last FAB Council budget letter can be found here.
- The Say Abortion campaign encourages Californians to share their abortion story to combat stigma and raise awareness about the need for abortion access.
- In a press conference, Governor Newsom and legislative leaders announced a proposed Constitutional Amendment to Enshrine the Right to Choose in California.
At the federal level
- We urge you to join the call for Congress to pass the Women’s Health Protection Act to codify the right to abortion into federal law and fully fund the Title X federal family planning program. Increasing the availability of birth control nationwide has never been more urgent.
- Visit ncjw.org to learn more about Reproductive Health, Rights, & Justice action Resources and 73 Forward, our national Jewish movement for abortion justice.