The NCJW|LA Los Angeles Rental Assistance Program (RAP) supports women and their families to stay in their homes. Our Emergency LA Rental Assistance Program (RAP) provides financial assistance to households financially impacted emergencies such as loss of hours/work, medical bills, or unexpected financial hardship. Rental assistance checks are made payable directly to property management companies.
- Head of household identifies as a woman.
- Must file taxes as Head of Household; Head of Household is a federal tax filing status for single or unmarried taxpayers who keep up with the expenses of a home with an individual/s under their care.
- Have dependents of any age living in the same household (Must be able to provide tax forms as proof of dependents).
- Lived in their homes for a minimum of three months (Signed lease agreement); Must also show proof they are currently living there (utility bill dated within the 3 months of when applying).
- Has received or anticipate receiving a pay or quit notice from landlord or management company.
- Demonstrate family is facing an unexpected financial hardship that is preventing them from paying rent and have a plan to maintain housing after assistance.
- Live in one of the four designated zip codes of 90004, 90028, 90029, or 90038.
Annual Household Income Cannot Exceed Limits Listed Below:
• Government-issued ID
• Pay or Quit Notice
• Utility Bill
• Tax Returns (cover page)
• W-2, paystubs, or other proof of income
• Lease indicating number of residents
• Bank Statement
• Proof of Employment