Rising Advocacy Training Project
Sunday, Sep 12, 2021
10:00am – 11:30am
The Rising Advocacy Training Project (Adult Track-2) provides participants with advanced hands-on advocacy and grassroots lobbying skills, tools, experience, and guide for seasoned advocates who completed the Introduction to Grassroots Advocacy Training Project. Or are new to NCJW|LA but meet the requirements stated above. Participants spend their time learning technical advocacy strategies and skills and understanding the guidelines and processes of grassroots lobbying and the roadmap to becoming more involved in their communities.
Registration Closes on The First Day!
Dates and Topics:
- 9/12 – Session 1: Introduction to Grassroots Lobbying and California Legislature: This training provides the grounding information to prepare participants further to foster relationships with California legislators and acquire grassroots lobbying knowledge and skills.
- 9/26 – Session 2 How a Bill Becomes Law: This training builds upon the participant’s understanding of the California legislature’s Bill introduction and other related practices.
- 10/10 – Session 3 How California Budget Get Passed: This training provides participants with an understanding of the California legislative process and learns about the state’s budget process’s critical facts.
- 10/24 – Session 4 Local Government: Participants will learn the responsibilities and decision-making processes of the Los Angeles City Council and LA County Board of Directors and how to influence those decisions.
- 11/7 – Session 5 Citizen Initiatives and Petitions: This training introduces participants to create a citizen petition and initiatives process.
- 11/21 – Session 6 Exercising your Power, Getting Appointed to a Board or Commissions: In this training, participants begin to put into practice information learned by learning the ins and outs of the process of applying and getting appointed to a board or commission.