Lobby Day 2020
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 – Wednesday, May 20, 2020
8:00am – 8:00pm
NCJW|LA 2020 Lobby Day is fast approaching! We are excited to share registration is NOW OPEN! We encourage you to register and apply for various Lobby Day Stipend award open from February 15-March 15.
For registration and scholarships please click here Details included at the link.
NCJW Lobby Day in Sacramento!
Start Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
End Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
As the wait to narrow our legislative priories for Lobby Day, here are some of the Criteria for Evaluation of Bill and Budget Proposals our State Policy Advocates are considering:
· There is a strong connection to one or more of NCJW Principles and Resolutions.
· Our State advocacy can be framed through a Jewish value lens
· It can excite the interest and passion of Section membership
· It will benefit from having strong and visible community support
· It furthers our partnerships with key statewide organizations
. It has a reasonable chance to pass with sufficient support
· It keeps California at the forefront of fighting for proactive policy change and advancement and continuing to serve as a model for the rest of the country in not only defending what
we have but continuing to push the envelope
At the local level, our pillars and Policy focus areas are: connected to our mission of advancing economic justice and equity for low-income women.
· Workplace equity/justice (fair pay, family-friendly workplaces, etc)
· Health care
Event LocationNCJW | LA Council House, 543 N. Fairfax Ave
Los Angeles, California, 90036